Saturday, June 15, 2013

Nacho average nachos!!!

I need to share this AWESOME dish with you, pulled pork nachos.  You can serve this as an appetizer or my family enjoys it as a quick 'n easy meal and I mean QUICK and EASY.  I enjoy it because porkloin is often on sale making this a CHEAP, quick and easy (two) meals.  :D

So let me back up to last night's dinner... We can prepare about a three pound (give or take a few ounces) pork loin in the oven (delish, however, boring..zzzzz..) and have left overs, even more boring...zzzz...zzzz. Well... until I had the ah-ha moment to shred the pork and make my own version of pulled pork nachos!!! I assure you, Mr. Allpinkroses was as skeptical as you are right now... But,trust me here.   

You will need: 

baking sheet, lined with foil
stand mixer (optional)

Ingredients:

pork leftovers
barbecue sauce, I highly recommend Sweet Baby Ray's
corn chips, we use Tostitos Scoops
3 c. Colby jack shredded cheese
black beans (optional)
black olives (optional) 
salsa or picante
sour cream

Here we go!!!

Preheat your oven to 350*. 

Note; I leave my leftover pork loin in the pot I prepare it in the previous evening.  

I put my pork loin back on the stove top over medium heat just long enough to take the chill off of the meat.  This makes the shredding easier and go quicker. Go ahead and shred the pork loin in whatever fashion you normally prepare your shredded meat.  I read a post over at  One Good Thing By Jillee showing you how you can shred meat in a stand mixer. It REALLY works!!! (See below.)



Add barbecue sauce to taste. 

Prepare your work space to assemble your Pulled Pork Nachos.  Line your baking sheet with aluminum foil.  Spread a layer of nacho chips evenly over the baking sheet (for a meal for five, we use an entire bag of chips)


and sprinkle a layer of shredded cheese, about a cup, evenly over the chips.  If you are adding the optional black beans or olives, add them here.  Your next layer will be your shredded pork, scoop evenly over the chips. Add the remaining 2 cups of shredded cheese. 


Place your nachos in the oven and bake for about 8 minutes.  


You are aiming to heat the meat through and melt the cheese. 


Serve the nachos with salsa or picante and sour cream. 



And that is the beautiful pulled pork nachos! 

Enjoy!!! :D



















No comments: